Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Wonder If I Remember How To Do This.....

Wow!  It's been a while..... 

As this is January 1st, 2014, and the start of a brand new year and day, and all that jazz...I thought I might start up the ole' blog and see what kind of thoughts I can commit to paper...uh....virtuosity.

Lots of things have changed in my life since the last time I was here.  Some good and some bad, but all necessary in the grand scheme of things, I suppose.

I no longer substitute teach.  I have a full-time job as the office manager at the License Office (read: DMV).  My boys have grown older, taller and more "themselves", The "hubs" has made tremendous changes in his life as well. 

For those of you who have never lived with an addict/alcoholic, you have NO IDEA how blessed you are!!!  And for those of you who have, well, God Bless You, and I hope you someday know the joy I feel now that I live with a RECOVERING/FORMER/NON-PARTICIPATING addict/alcoholic.  It's a whole new life, and I had to adjust to a new lifestyle in many ways, as well.  Some changes were easier to get used to than others...  But when your whole "sphere of living normally" changes, it's an adjustment for everyone!

My favorite part of "his" new and improved persona is the frequent, out-loud LAUGHTER!  He finds so many things funny these days that he ignored or scoffed at before.  His sense of humor isn't as well developed as mine...so he still doesn't laugh at everything he "should", but he's coming along nicely. *laugh track here

Okay, enough for now...If I get too good at this blogging thing too quickly, I won't have anything to aspire to!  I'll be back to practice more later!


No comments:

Post a Comment